Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Healthy snack Ideas


Being a stay at home mother is the best job in the world but it isn't great for my eating habits. I tend to snack throughout the day instead of having actual meals. Which is fine if every snack was a healthy one. So I decided to stop messing around and take the first steps to better eating habits. If I want my children to eat healthy and continue to eat healthy throughout their lives I need to start now.

The first step is to change the way I grocery shop. If I make better decisions at the store I won't have any other choices while at home.
Making a grocery list is key to this step. Also, I'm sure I am not alone in saying that if I go shopping hungry, I end up bringing home several things I don't need and probably not on the list.
 Hummus with pita bread and vegetables

Here is a list of some healthy SNACK ideas:
  1. low fat cottage cheese and peaches
  2. apples, oranges
  3. whole wheat flatbread and cucumbers dipped in hummus
  4. fat free yogurt (I buy dairy-free yogurt such as soy or almond milk)
  5. raw almonds
  6. grapes
  7. baby carrots, celery and broccoli with fat free ranch dressing
  8. oatmeal
  9. air popped popcorn
  10. peanut butter on Triscuits or celery
  11. Kashi crackers and granola bars
  12. hard boiled eggs
  13. fat free wheat thins
  14. organic fruit leather
  15. low sodium veggie chips
  16. organic applesauce
  17. pretzels
  18. chunk light tuna in water, drained and placed on a bed of lettuce
  19. one 1 oz package of Planters NUT-trition nuts (these are SOOO good!)
  20. Annies organic crackers
  21. whole wheat bagel with peanut butter, sliced banana and a light drizzle of honey (great filling breakfast option too!)
  22. Apple slices with peanut butter
  23. Kale chips
  24. clementine oranges
  25. raisins

No comments:

Post a Comment