Tuesday, April 23, 2013

DIY Painted Mirror

I love garage sales and Goodwill and always seem to find something I like, but sometimes it's not exactly what  I want so I have to make it my own. Today I painted this wood floor length mirror a minty blue/green. My room is mainly neutral colors so I thought that this would add a nice springy pop of color ! I only did one coat of acrylic paint (Americana in sea breeze) because I wanted just a hint of the wood to still show through the paint to get a little "shabby chic". I have painted all sorts of goodwill items such as frames, clocks, candlestiks, even a basket I now use in my baby's nusery to hold his blankets.
Pick out some paint at the craft store, get a couple different size brushes and get painting !
Don't forget:
  • wear old clothes
  • always lay a tarp or newspapers down first
  • have paper towels and water there for mess-ups
  • plan ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment