Tuesday, April 9, 2013

New Momma Tip # 4

Dollar stores are my new favorite place to get cleaning products, personal items, décor, craft items and more !
For most cleaning products , dollar stores are the place to go. I get my "pledge", glass cleaner, bathroom cleaner, toilet cleaner, and even wipes for my wet Swiffer! The only product I buy from other stores is a natural kitchen cleaner that does not contain any harsh chemicals.


Decorative items are also great finds at the dollar store, if you know what to look for and how to use them. Picture  frames , candles, incense, vases, etc. are super cheap  ways to add charm to your home. I love to get simple small baskets and use them for decorative storage around my home. Baskets can be quite pricey so buying them for a dollar means you can buy several !

Getting your home organized can get expensive  once you start buying bins, totes, etc. to put all your items in. The Dollar Tree has a huge selection of plastic bins and containers that I use in every room of my home. They come in all sorts of shapes, sizes and colors but the larger Dollar Tree stores have a better selection. I use them in my kitchen pantry, to organize my utensil drawer, to hold all my make up, hair things, nail polish, craft items, and all of my baby's small items in his closet. They are perfect size to hold his socks, hats, burp clothes, and so on.

Here under my bathroom sink I use plastic containers to organize my lotions, perfumes, make up and bath products



 
 
 
Nursery organization
 
 
This is under the sink in our guest bath where I have all our extra or rarely used hair and body products. Plastic containers also prevent staining and leaks from opened bottles 
 
 
 
Crafting items can also be found at the dollar store for much cheaper than anywhere else. Styrofoam wreaths, balls and cones can be bought there as well as fake florals. (Styrofoam is an over-priced item at most craft stores).

Travel sized items as well as toothpaste , body wash and lotion are all extremely inexpensive things I like to buy there.

So head to your local dollar store and get creative with what you find !




There is a large awkward space under our vanity so I put some baby magazines in this basket from the dollar store (the other basket was $3 from Goodwill that holds extra towels and toilet paper)
 


This tray/platter was $1 and I use it on my dresser to display my glass bottle perfumes. The blue porcelain box is also from the dollar store and holds my rings !

No comments:

Post a Comment