Monday, March 18, 2013

New Momma Tip #1

In all my baby books and online baby articles that I read, they all said that it was very important to wash all baby clothes, blankets, sheets, hats, socks, etc. with baby laundry detergent before you bring baby home from the hospital. So, that's what I did !
Unfortunately, however, we recieved more 0-3 month clothes than my baby could ever possibly wear. And since I washed all the clothes as I got them, all tags were cut off. He has been growing out of clothes before he even gets a chance to wear them once !

My advice : Only wash about 5 outfits before baby comes home! That way for at least 5 days after coming home from the hospital you won't have to do any laundry. But really, newborns aren't very messy and you don't really have to change them every single day. Then you can take the tags off and wash clothes as you need them.

Between hand-me-downs we got from coworkers and siblings and all the new clothes from friends and family, Liam is set till he is 9 months!
And if  you are attending someone elses baby shower and want to give them clothes, make sure you keep the tags on, include the gift receipt and try getting clothes 6-9 months and up. I understand how adorable and easy it is to get newborn clothes, but most likely that is what everyone else is thinking too! Try going up a few sizes, the mother will sure appreciate it down the road!

Also remember that all babies are different in size and weight, so certain sizes might not fit them! I, myself, have a rather chunky monkey so he was fitting into 3 month clothes just over a month old and outgrew many newborn size outfits quickly. Some were too small to begin with !

No comments:

Post a Comment