Monday, March 18, 2013

New Momma Tip #3

Newborns can't really play with many toys just yet and sometimes it's hard to keep them occupied for just a few minutes so you can clean, cook , even go to the bathroom ! I was using my baby sling while I did everything. And even though it works quite well because then you are hands free, my back and shoulders started to really feel the strain. And for me, it is a little hard to get him in and out so having to change him became a pain. The only thing we had to put him in besides his cradle was a swing and he was quickly getting bored and irritated with it.
So another Babies R Us trip we went ! And we picked out the perfect play mat for our active baby. Liam is a kicker- he was in the womb too- and so we found a playmat that has a piano on the end so baby can kick it and play music with his feet ! There is also the typical bar above his head with toys he can grab and shake and the best one- a mirror ! He loves looking at himself in the mirror and "talks" to it all the time.
Now he stays busy playing for up to 30 minutes ! Smiling and cooing and getting a good workout too ! He usually needs a nap afterwards so I can somewhat plan my day now. This playmat has given me the freedom to get some stuff done around the house, catch up on some reading and the best part- my baby loves it and I love watching him play in it !


Fisher-Price Discover 'N Grow Kick and Play Piano Gym $54.99
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11835073


No comments:

Post a Comment